1. The tournament is organized by the Thomson CCMC and the games shall be played according to the FIDE Laws of Chess for Rapid Chess (G/25). Players may choose to play in the SENIORS (no age limit) or JUNIORS (Aged 12 and below) section.
2. ELIGIBILITY : This tournament is open to members only. Players paying the entry fee shall be made members of the Chess Club and are entitled 1 year membership with immediate effect.
3. VENUE : Thomson Community Club Hall, 194 Upper Thomson Road Singapore 574339
4. PAIRING : Swiss System of 7 Rounds, time control 25 minutes each side to finish.
5. SCHEDULE: 15th January Sunday 10.00 am to 5.50 pm . Please report by 9.30am. Walkover time for Round 1 is 25 minutes. Prize Giving Ceremony at 6.30pm.
6. PRIZES : A minimum of 5 prizes shall be given for each section. Tie breaks will resolve the placing of each prize winner. Merit prizes may be added if number of entries exceed 60.
- ENTRY FEE : $10 for children aged 12 (as at 1st Jan 2012) and below, $18 for all others. Membership is complete only if you possess a valid PAssion Ezlink Card. PAssion Ezlink Card membership for those aged 18 to below 60 is at $12 for 5 years. Those aged below 18 or are 60 and above pay $10 for 5 years membership.
8. CLOSING DATE: There will be a limit of 100 first-paid entries received. All entries are to be submitted with entry fee and reach Thomson CC by , January 11 Wednesday 10pm. All cheque payments are to be crossed and made payable to “ Thomson CCMC”. DO NOT SEND CASH.
9. TIE BREAK : The System of Tie Break shall be announced before the start of the Tournament. The Tournament Director’s decision on matters on the tournament shall be FINAL.
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry without assigning a reason. Rejected entries shall be fully refunded.
For drivers, free parking is available Sunday at Shunfu Blk 309-314 at the back of the CC. Enter via Shunfu Road along Marymount Road.