| || |
5TH THOMSON CUP
CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2011
1. The tournament is organized by the Thomson CCMC and the games shall be played according to the FIDE Laws of Chess for Rapid Chess (G/60).
2. ELIGIBILITY : This tournament is open to members of the public. Players may enroll in one of the 2 sections, GOLD (Rating >= 1600) or SILVER (Rating between 0 and 1599) upon payment of entry fee. Players can choose to play in the section above their rating category but not in categories below.
3. VENUE : Thomson Community Club Hall, 194 Upper Thomson Road Singapore 574339
4. PAIRING : Swiss System of 7 Rounds, time control 1 hour each side to finish.
5. SCHEDULE: 4th June Saturday 11 am to 6.30 pm (3 rounds). Please report by 10.30am. Walkover time for Round 1 is 1 hour. 5th June Sunday 9.00 am to 6.30pm (4 rounds). Round times and lunch break will be announced on the day. Lunch is provided 5th June.
Prize Giving Ceremony :5th June Sunday 7.00 pm.
6. PRIZES : Gold 1st Prize $300, Silver 1st Prize $150. All other prizes shall be announced at the start of Round 1. A minimum of 10 prizes per section is expected. All winners shall receive 1 prize only and tie breaks will resolve the placing of each prize winner.
7. ENTRY FEE : $15 for members of Thomson CC Chess Club, $30 for all others.
8. CLOSING DATE: There will be a limit of 150 first-paid entries received.All entries are to be submitted with entry fee and reach Thomson CC by , June 2nd Thursday 10pm. All cheque payments are to be crossed and made payable to “ Thomson CCMC”. DO NOT SEND CASH.
9. TIE BREAK : The System of Tie Break shall be announced before the start of the Tournament. The Tournament Director’s decision on matters on the tournament shall be FINAL.
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry without assigning a reason. Rejected entries shall be fully refunded.
For drivers, free parking is available Sunday at Shunfu Blk 309-314 at the back of the CC. Enter via Shunfu Road along Marymount Road.